Adolescent years can be challenging for parents. T.E.E.N. provides a fun and safe environment for learning and socializing for teens with Down syndrome. T.E.E.N.’s overall goal is to empower and educate participants while also providing a fun and encouraging environment for growth.
Overview of the T.E.E.N. Program:
- T.E.E.N. is an ongoing program offered throughout the year.
- Each series will include six sessions focused on a single topic/theme
- A licensed educator leads the program with assistance from volunteers
- T.E.E.N. is designed for ages 13-18; requests regarding age limits will be considered on a case by case basis.
- The program provides an encouraging environment where participants will engage in interactive and meaningful activities related to the session topic.
- Participants have the opportunity to make new friends, learn important skills necessary for independence and employment, enrich their academic skills, increase self-confidence and grow as individuals.
The next session of T.E.E.N. begins June 15, 2019. For more information and to register – T.E.E.N. Registration Form!