Position: Development & Marketing Intern, Summer 2020
The Up Side of Downs is seeking a qualified intern to work within and contribute to our Development team for our biggest fundraising event, the Northeast Ohio Buddy Walk. This paid position will begin in May, approximately 10-12 hours per week. Hours will increase closer to the Buddy Walk. Must be available to work the event, which takes place on August 15, 2020.
Responsibilities will be focused on assisting the Development Coordinator in all logistics of event planning and coordination including but not limited to:
- Attend monthly committee planning meetings
- Assist in marketing the event on all social media platforms and online calendars
- Create, mail and distribute event marketing materials
- Communicate with and handle inquiries from USOD families, walk participants, volunteers and donors
- General administrative tasks such as organizing inventory and supplies; updating documents and files; data entry and completing event preparation projects as assigned
- Apply knowledge acquired during internship by performing duties and fulfilling expectations at the event.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to navigate all social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Strong organizational and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Graphic design knowledge (Adobe, InDesign, Canva or equivalent software)
- Maintain confidentiality when dealing with USOD information
- Understand USOD programs and possess an interest in our mission
- College student majoring in Marketing, Communications, Hospitality Management (event planning), Organizational Leadership or Nonprofit Administration
- Experience with event planning or fundraising
- Detail-oriented, ability to multi-task, take direction, work independently, meet deadlines and adapt to fast-paced or immediate changes
Pay: $10 per hour
Submit your resume and cover letter to Maria Sivertson, Development Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subject line: “YOUR NAME – Development & Marketing Intern Resume”
Closing date for application: March 30, 2020