Development & Marketing Intern, Winter/Spring 2020
The Up Side of Downs is seeking a qualified intern to work within and contribute to our Development team for our two major fundraising events, The Sunburst Gala and The Northeast Ohio Buddy Walk. College students with an emphasis in their studies in Marketing, Communications, Event Planning or Nonprofit Administration are encouraged to apply.
This college credit earned position will begin in January, approximately 10-12 hours per week. Hours will increase closer to the gala event. Must be available for gala event set up on February 14, 2020 and on the day of the Sunburst Gala which is February 15, 2020.
Responsibilities will be focused on assisting the Development Coordinator in all logistics of event planning and coordination including but not limited to:
- Researching best practices for fundraising events and campaigns
- Drafting and posting social media messages on social media platforms
- Communicating regularly with current and prospective donors, sponsors and volunteers
- Handling inquiries from USOD families
- Attend monthly committee planning meetings (evenings)
- Assist with creating social media calendar and posts (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Creation and mailing of event marketing materials
- Various event preparation assignments
- Perform general administrative tasks such as organizing inventory and supplies; updating and maintaining documents, records and files; data entry, completing special projects and all other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong organizational and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Detail-oriented, have the ability to multi-task, take direction, work independently, meet deadlines and adapt to fast-paced or immediate changes
- Experience with event planning or fundraising a plus but not required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Power Point) and Google (Docs, Sheets). Graphic design experience helpful (Publisher, InDesign, Illustrator, Canva)
- Able to navigate social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Maintain confidentiality when dealing with USOD issues and information
- Have an understanding of USOD programs and possess an interest in our mission
Submit your resume and cover letter to Maria Sivertson, Development Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subject line: “YOUR NAME – Development & Marketing Intern Resume”
Closing date for application: December 1, 2019