Development & Marketing FALL 2019 Intern-May be used for college credit
The Up Side of Downs is seeking a qualified intern to work within & contribute to our Development team for our major fundraising events. The position will begin in September, 10-12 hours per week. The internship spans a range of responsibilities including marketing, maintaining records, contributing to event projects, coordinating donations and cultivating relationships with USOD families, donors, sponsors and volunteers. College students with an emphasis in their studies in Marketing, Communications, Event Planning or Nonprofit Administration are encouraged to apply.
Duties & Responsibilities
Major responsibility will be focused on assisting the Development Coordinator in logistics of event planning and coordination including: researching best practices for fundraising events and campaigns; drafting and posting social media messaging; communicating regularly via email and telephone with current and prospective donors, sponsors and volunteers; handling inquiries from USOD families and various event preparation assignments. Additional job duties include but are not limited to:
- Attend monthly committee planning meetings and provide support preparing for the event
- Assist Marketing and Volunteer Coordinator with creating social media calendar and social media posts (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) and with maintaining volunteer databases
- Creation and mailing of event materials
- Perform general administrative tasks such as organizing inventory and supplies; updating current documents and files; completing special projects and all other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong organizational and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Detail-oriented, have the ability to multi-task, take direction, work independently, meet deadlines and adapt to fast-paced or immediate changes
- Experience with event planning or fundraising a plus but not required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Power Point) and Google (Docs, Sheets). Graphic design experience helpful (Publisher, InDesign, Illustrator, Canva).
- Maintain confidentiality when dealing with USOD issues and information
- Have an understanding of USOD programs and possess an interest in our mission
Submit your resume and cover letter to Maria Sivertson, Development Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subject line: “YOUR NAME – Development & Marketing Intern Resume”
Closing date for application: September 18, 2019