Every day is a perfect day to educate others on what Down syndrome is and how loving a person with Down syndrome has positively impacted your life! Advocacy is a mission cornerstone of the Up Side of Downs – to empower individuals with Down syndrome and their families to bring greater resources and supports for themselves and our entire community.
We invite you to
- Schedule a school session with our informative Education Coordinator from our Disability Awareness Programs
- Walk with over 4,000 participants in celebration of people with Down syndrome at the USOD Buddy Walk each year
- Spread the Word to End the Word
- Share the Preferred Language Guide with family, co-workers and friends
- Celebrate World Down Syndrome Day on March 21 (3/21) every year
- Advocate for your loved one with Down syndrome during Down Syndrome Awareness Month